Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

The reason that Chad and I actually went to Cali was for my dad's birthday. He turned the big 5-0 this year. On Saturday me Chad and the fam piled into the car and took a trip into L.A. My mom and I had always loved driving around Beverly Hills to see what there was to see, so we decided to head there. On the way to chill down Rodeo, me and my mom spotted Jerry Stiller driving down the road in his Rolls Royce. It looked like he was decked out in his Balls Models track suit from Zoolander! We parked on Rodeo, did some window shopping, and when we decided that we were way too hot and wanted to do some real shopping, we headed over to the Beverly Center.

After scouring the makeup counters in Bloomingdale's and picking up a new shirt at H&M, we headed out to find a place to eat for my dad's birthday. We ended up at the Cheesecake Factory in Brentwood. It was a fun leisurely dinner and of course we had to order cheesecake. All of a sudden all the servers head over to our table with a plate of cheesecake topped with a candle and they started singing happy birthday to my dad. Chad, my mom, my sister, and I looked at each other trying to figure out who had told the restaurant that it was his birthday. Once the servers finished singing, I asked my mom if she had done it. Everyone said no and my dad then told us that when he had gotten up to use the restroom, he told the host that it was his birthday because he wanted someone to sing to him. Yep, that's my dad for you!



6 comments:

Richelle Gailey said...

Do you mean Ben Stiller?

Jackie said...

So is Jerry Stiller Ben's brother?

Chad and Tara said...

Nope, he's Ben Stiller's dad.

Wendy G. Atkins said...

your dad cracks me up

Samantha said...

wait a minute...wait a minute...I know where you are? CCF!! CCF!!!

mama gailey said...

your dad has a cute sense of humor. Most people turning 50 don't want to be noticed on their birthday. THat is really funny and fun for all of you.