Thursday, July 24, 2008

What I do when Chad's away...Pt. 2 (Chad's view)

OMG! Now it is my turn to let everyone know what goes down at band camp. So, here we are last night (Wednesday)at band camp about ready to rock our little hearts out. We go through our set list once and take a break. We started talking about movies and such and our dear friend and drummer Sam just randomly said; "Screw practice, let's go see Dark Knight." He has not seen the movie yet, so we check the movie times. It is 7pm at this time and we decided to pick the 8pm movie. But first we had to play more music. As we leave, we are like little kids, giggling and laughing, feeling like we are breaking a rule or in Utah terms "rebels." So i started to feel bad that we were going to attempt to watch a 2.5 hour movie w/out telling Tara. So i text her and it is hard to read people's emotions through text, but to me, she didn't seem happy, 'cause I know she wants to see it again. N-E-Ways... so we get to the movie and Sam paid for us, 'cause that was his way to convince us to go.

So, this is the perfect set up for my next part....
I like to people watch and I did a lot of that since I have already seen that movie (it was even awesomer than last time!)
Here is my things that "must go"
-People playing with their cell phone making noises right when the movie starts, -children under the age of 5 at a late night movie, -people who pull out their cell phone and text or see who is calling during the movie, -the couple in front of me getting all cuddly and "romantic" during a non romantic movie, -when people are asking what is happening in the movie, PAY ATTENTION! -when people on the same aisle as me that have "restless leg syndrome" during the whole movie (it shakes the whole row, knock it off people!) -when people walk past you making you try to make yourself feel skinny so they can pass by, then they realize they are at the wrong seat, so they walk past you again (this is assigned seating, amazing when people know how to use it) -people who decide they need candy halfway through the movie and they buy the loud packaged kind and open it during the quietest part of the movie! and the last one i can think of; -people who clap at the end of a movie. Why do people insist on clapping at a movie! this isn't a play or a Broadway show.

So that is my view of Wednesday night "band camp"

Now i wanna play Call of Duty 4 and imagine the people I am killing in the game are the people who like to ruin movies for everyone!

3 comments:

Steve&Melissa said...

Okay, I'm going to leave a really long comment for both posts:
1.) I thought about inviting Tara to hang out with me and my cousin (we did girls' night out), but I thought she was probably already sick of me so I didn't. Sorry. Next time I totally will.
2.) Honest to blog, Steve has restless leg syndrome. It runs in the family, and our future kids will probably inherit it. So quit making fun of RLS. Some people really can't help it!
3.) I hope that clip of John & Kate Plus 8 makes it on The Soup.
4.) While I was out with Katie last night, I think Steve was sitting at home with our daughter, Lulu, doing those same things (only in a much more manly way, of course).

Steve&Melissa said...

Yes I was at home doing much of the same, and yes it was way more manly. Watching Jackass the movie, managing my fantasy baseball team, reading about football, letting dishes pile up, and not falling off of the couch!

Btw Chad! omg! you guys quitting early is so like us at work not doing our jobs and instead playing wall ball and eating otter pops! I was so rotflmaoshmardfosihtgsgapibo reading your post! Also couldn't believe your camp counselors let you guys go that's so cool of them!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I clap at the end of movies! But only if it's really epic... Dark Knight? EPIC.