Tuesday, July 15, 2008

2 Years and Counting

As of a week ago today, Chad and I have officially been married for two years. It's been a fun, yet interesting, couple of years and honestly I've really enjoyed all of it. Last year for our first anniversary we were so busy and my sister was in town so we didn't get to do much. This year we promised ourselves that we were going to actually do something fun and so we decided to head to Las Vegas for the 4th of July weekend. We didn't do much, but we had fun and it was nice to get away. Friday night we just hung out around the strip and I got to go shopping at one of my favorite stores ever, Sephora! On Saturday we spent the morning lounging by the pool. After cleaning up from that we headed over to the Mandalay Bay to star watch since there was a huge UFC fight that night. Sadly we didn't get to go, but when the cheapest tickets are almost $200 a pop, there's no way! That night we got dressed up and went to Rao's at Ceasar's Palace. It's a fun little traditional Italian restaurant and it was amazing. We ate way too much and spent way too much, but it was great. The highlight was this amazing dessert that our waiter recommended. Sunday we checked out, headed to that Paris hotel for crepes and then headed home. (Sorry Jarad, once again I have no pictures to show for our whole trip to Vegas!)

A while back I was talking with a friend about how much I missed Cali sometimes. She asked me if I had ever regretted moving to Utah. Right away I told her that I had never regretted it because I would never have met Chad. He's really changed my life and I couldn't imagine being without him. In the last few months we've spent a few weekends apart and it has turned out to be harder then I ever thought it would be.

I made a post about five things that I was grateful for and Chad was slightly offended that I didn't list him as one of the things. In the spirit of that post I decided to list five things that I love about Chad (although there are way more then five!)

1. His ability to make me smile even when I want to be angry and in a bad mood.

2. How he reminds me that things don't have to be so complicated.

3. The fact that I got my tattooed, guitar playing, skater that could take me to the temple!

4. I love that Chad really helps out around the house and takes just as much responsibility for the house I as do. I was talking with a coworker about how her husband won't help with laundry, rarely takes the garbage out, and never helps clean up. I for sure count myself lucky that I have a husband that is more then willing to help out around the house.

5. And of course I love him because he can deal with me and all my craziness!

(And I have to note that I love that he loves cats just as much as I do!)

So without sounding too much on the cheesy side, I love you Chaddy and happy anniversary!

2 comments:

Steve&Melissa said...

Oh! How SWEET!!! Congrats on your anniversary!

Ashley said...

WE love you too CHad! Happy anniverary you two! Time flies doesn't it? It feels like yesterday we were figuring out that we did know each other even before we all dated! Too funny! WEll, lets play soon!