Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What I do when Chad's away...

It's yet another Wednesday night and Chad is at band camp. I try to reserve these nights to get caught up on stuff like laundry or the dishes since on nights when Chad is home I'd rather spend time with him. Well as is very typical I have been doing everything but the things that I need to be doing. This has been a problem for me ever since I can remember. During finals week I would have an extremely clean apartment in my attempts to ignore all things related to studying. So as is typical of me, a pile of laundry sits there desperately needing to be folded (Chad was kind enough to help with the actual washing of the clothes last night), the dishwasher needs emptying, and the whole house in general needs a pick up. The following is a list of things that I have done tonight to avoid the things that I actually need to do:

- Attempting to actually do work! I'm fortunate enough to be on a team now where all the workers get laptops and remote access to the database so I decided to try and get the program to run. I had to try to get this whole thing downloaded to my laptop before I can use it. Well an hour and a half later I realized it's not going to work and had to abandon that idea.

- Watched an hour of Jon and Kate Plus 8. I love this show! I'm not really sure why because really, screaming kids drive me crazy, but there's just something about Kate and her fantastic ability to handle that many kids. Since it's not exactly Chad's favorite show I TiVo episodes and watch them when he's not around. I found this great clip of one of the episodes where we find out that Alexis is a great pooper!

Check it out!

- Also watched three episodes of Steven's Untitled Rock Show. One episode had an interview with Angels and Airwaves and another one had an interview with Alkaline Trio.

One of my favs from AVA


And one of my favs from A-Trio


- Tried to fix the bbq. Rilee was freaking out at something that she saw outside so I went to check to see what was outside. I ended up finding our new bbq knocked over! We got hit with a horrible storm last night and I'm guessing that's when it happened. I went outside and tried my hardest to pick it up, but with no success so it's still sitting on it's side outside.

- Snack- a lot!

- Played with my kids (aka my cats).

- Played like 10 games of spider solitaire and only won about 2 of them!

- And of course wrote this stupid blog and searched all over YouTube to find all those videos! Oh, and I might paint my toe nails next! Hope you enjoyed it and maybe gave you all some ideas of things to do to avoid the stuff that needs to be done!

0 comments: