Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cali Adventures, (cont.)!

Friday came really early the next day, but this was the most important day! It was RACHEL'S BIG DAY!!!! Thursday night ended late and Friday morning came really early! Rachel and Shad were getting married in the Los Angeles temple, which is about an hour and a half to two hours from my parents' house, which is where we were staying. Since I was a bridesmaid, I had to get there early to pick up my clothes and get changed before heading over to the temple at about 9:45ish. Well I wanted to be up by 5:30 so that we could get up and ready in enough time to leave by 7. Well when we went to bed I asked Chad to set his alarm so that we would be sure to wake on time. He assured me that he did and I went to bed. I heard some rustling around in the morning and decided I would get up to check to see what time it was. When I realized that I had woken up 45 minutes late, I started freaking out! Now in any normal situation it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but we're talking about traffic on a weekday morning in Southern California!

Well someone must have been watching over us that morning because the traffic was clearer then I have ever seen it! We got to Rach's hotel by about 9 am, leaving us plenty of time to get ready and to the temple by 10. The ceremony was beautiful and I balled like a baby. I think the only two people in the room crying that hard were me and her mom! It's amazing the wonderful feelings that the temple brings. I was so happy for her and for the choices that she made to get there. We then spent about an hour or two taking pics with the wedding party. Rach looked amazing! She's going to get some great pictures! Poor Chad stuck it out, even though he was starving since I refused to stop for food on our way out there.

We then headed up to Lancaster for the reception. Chad and I were the first ones to get there so we helped get things setup as much as we could. The church looked awesome! Her mom did a lot of work! The reception went well, except for the part where Rachel and Shad got caught in traffic on their way up, making them about an hour late for their reception. Things worked out okay though and it went great.

Chad and I unfortunately had to leave before we could help clean up because we had a three hour drive ahead of us to San Diego to meet up with my family for my sister's cheer competition! It was a long trip and we finally got to San Diego at about 12:30 or 1. It was a long day, but I was so glad that we got to share it with Rachel and Shad.

Here's some pics that Chad took at the wedding

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like quite the adventure! Glad everything turned out well! We need to get together...soon :)

Samantha said...

Hey! Blogging fun for everyone! Whaaaaa!
-LaMar