Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cali Adventures!

Okay, so we finally made it back from Cali in one piece. It was definitely a fun, but short weekend. Most of it was spent running from one place to the next, but it was still a great time. Since we did so much in just a few days, I decided to do a post for each of the exciting things we did.

The journey started off with trying to fly stand-by during spring break. Uh, yeah, not a good idea. Getting there was fine, but later on I'll tell you all about trying to get home! So heading to Cali, we were supposed to leave on a flight at 5 pm, but weren't able to get on that one so we ended up on the next flight at 9 pm. It seems like a long time to hang out in the airport, but Chad and I were able to entertain ourselves. We finally made into Cali around 10:30 ish.

Thursday night we drove out to Hollywood to see Wicked! I've always had a deep love for L.A. I remember as a kid going to the Natural History museum, the Getty, and the Museum of Tolerance. I saw my first musical at the Pantages when I was about 10 or 11. There were also quite a few times when my mom would have to go to court, so I'd skip school and we'd ride the train out there and go shopping after her court appearance. So despite the traffic and crowds I can't help but love to be there. So I've been to musicals and plays before, but this was absolutely the best thing I have ever seen! We had a great cast Thursday night which just added to it. Chad even loved it and he's really not into stuff like that. At intermission my mom asked my what I thought and immediately I told her that this was the best day ever. Well Chad felt a little offended by that, but he knows how excited I get about the little things!

So here's a pic outside the theater. Isn't Hollywood fantastic!


I took these pictures with my cell phone, so they're not the greatest. Here's the inside of the theater. The set is amazing. There is this giant dragon thing above the stage that moves and roars during the musical.


Me and my sister in the theater.
And Chad!


And of course we got to see a variety of characters hanging out on the Hollywood strip. Even Spongebob was out that night! The popparazi were also out in full force that night. There was a huge crowd in front of a red carpet outside the Egyptian theater. We never could figure out what was going on, but it sure was exciting.

1 comments:

Samantha said...

oh how we missed you!! Oh and i have a blog...wait, what??