Monday, April 7, 2008

Cali Adventures, (cont.)!

We finally rolled into the hotel in San Diego at about 12:45 Friday night. Unfortunately it was yet another early morning for us. Chad and I went with my family to Sea World the next day for my sister's final cheerleading competition. With her going away to school, this one was it for the rest of her life so we wanted to make sure and be there for it. It's not a huge competition, but we still had fun anyway. If you haven't experienced (which Chad hasn't) the world of competitive cheerleading it is something else. Ever heard of soccer moms? Well don't dare try and cross a cheer mom! My mom will attest to this since she has spent 8 years as a cheer mom! I don't think that cheerleaders have any other volume besides loud and louder, so between the nose, the parents, and the hair and makeup competitions are quite the events. Despite it all, I was able to catch some shut eye before awards were handed out and of course Chad couldn't help but catch a picture of it. The competition did provide us with lunch and chocolate cake, which was nice. Except we were being watched closely by several hungry seagulls that ended up being able to sneak away with with a few hamburger patties that some girls had left unsupervised on the table. We spent the rest of the day playing and smelling fish. We took in the shows and sights, but finally called it quits kind of early.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day accompanied by my wonderful 4 hour nap! Chad would say I had a coma, not a nap! We went to church with my parents' which is always fun since it's the ward that I pretty much grew up in. It was great to see some familiar faces. Early Monday morning we headed to the airport. When we arrived they refused to let us on the plane because they said we were too late. We got listed on the next flight out which was fine. Well long story short, we weren't able to get a flight out till that evening. Everything was booked, if not oversold. The flight out that evening ended up having 90 available seats, so we just got listed on that one. We lucked out since my mom just works 10 minutes from the airport. She came and picked us up and gave us her car so we could hang out around Newport Beach for the day. We just ended up doing some window shopping, having lunch overlooking the beach, and seeing a movie. We made it back home that night finally after what seemed like the longest day ever.

It was a fun trip, not so much on the relaxing side though! It was great to see my family and hang out with them. We usually end up having fun with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please make it clear that I am not the typical cheer mom!!!

Samantha said...

I wanna go I wanna go!!! Please please can I can I???