Friday, October 17, 2008

Kittie Kids

Well as I peek through everyone's blogs, I started realizing that I'm totally out of the loop. I don't have kids and fun little anecdotes or lessons to share with the world that my kids have taught me. So this blog is dedicated to those who don't have kids, can't have kids, or just plain don't want kids. If you can blog about how your kid learned a great new trick like blowing spit bubbles, then I figured it would be okay for me to blog about the stupid little things that my fur babies do.


These are my kids, Rilee and Gracy. This is what they do best- sleep!

Gracy is our oldest. We got her shortly after we bought our townhouse. We were just so excited to own our home so that we could finally have a pet! When we went to the Humane Society to get a kitty, we found Gracy and pulled her out of the cage to pet and play with her. We decided that we wanted to take her home and so I tried to put her back in the cage so that we could get someone to help us out. Well Gracy refused to let us put her back and jumped out of my arms and across the room so she didn't have to go back in. Gracy was really needy for a long time. She would be waiting right by the door crying any time she heard the garage. It was really sad! We decided that we should probably get her a friend so that she wasn't so lonely all the time.





Rilee is our gray striped kitty. She really is the weirdest cat I have ever met. The first six months of her life were spent as a boy. We ended up saving her from a family that had a baby that ended up being allergic to cats. They were planning on sending Rilee back to the pound and I just couldn't have that. They told us that Rilee was a boy and so that's what we went on thinking. When I finally took a trip to get shots done, I was nicely informed that he was really a she! I was horribly embarrassed, but they told me that it happened a lot with cats and that at least she wasn't named something like Princess and then ended up being a boy.


I know her eyes are all weird and glowy, but I love this picture. She sits like this all the time. One of her favorite things is to lean up against the wall while she sits like this. Rilee's new favorite toy is the sandstone tile that Auntie Melissa brought her! Rilee loves to run outside at any chance she gets so that she can rub her face on the concrete steps. Since she's not allowed outside, Melissa came up with the great idea to bring home this tile. The cats love it, especially Ms. Rilee! Rilee also likes to get herself locked in rooms. One time she got locked in the pantry and ended up slicing open a package of Splenda and covering herself in it. I wish I had pictures because she was completely white! It was hilarious!



This was Rilee watching Chad play Skate. She loves to chase stuff on the tv and the computer.

6 comments:

Jess/Nate&Family said...

Hey, cute kitty! Animals heal hearts i'll tell you what. My dogs always knew when I was having a bad day and they were definitely my children and still are just as much as tavis! Miss ya. Let's get together soon.
jess

Emily said...

What a cute post about your babies! That is so funny the way she sits! I can't even get Justin to do that, and he's human!

Jarad 31 said...

I LOVE that photo of Rilee sitting all like a MAN! all spread eagle and goodness!!! Too cute!!

Wendy G. Atkins said...

haha i was just at ashes house yesterday and her fat cat jane sites the same way.. so then we showed them a picture i took of rilee sitting like that! its so funny!! i love the one of her on the bed all sprawled out... and of course where they're sleepin together.
so cute. silly misses her buddies.

Carina said...

Awww, I want kitties! Cody LOVES cats and has vowed that we will have at least one when we have our own home...silly landlord won't allow it right now. Hopefully none of our kids will be allergic, because almost half of my family is...

I love the pictures! So adorable. Thanks for sharing =)

Steve&Melissa said...

Your daughters are just so pretty! I especially love that last picture--so sweet. One of these days we'll get a picture of them cuddling with Lulu!