Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Good 'ol Tooele!

I think most of our friends and family know that back in June I decided that I needed a change and transferred out to Tooele to try out the office there. I just love the office and love the people that I work with. It really makes a difference in your work when you are somewhere where you feel important and supported. Anyway, I am finding that Tooele is quite an interesting place. While it is growing, there is still very much a small town feel and a small town mindset, which is a whole new world to me! One of my coworkers has lived in Tooele her entire life and it's just interesting to leave the office with her since she knows EVERYONE any time we go anywhere within the city limits. One of the funny things about Tooele is that every Wednesday at 4 pm, there is an test of their emergency notification system. A voice comes on from a very large speaker somewhere saying that this is a test of the emergency notification system and then there is a siren that goes off for a while. It's really quite entertaining, although I was a bit freaked out the first time I heard it! As I type, I'm listening to the wonderful siren sound! You gotta love Tooele!

1 comments:

Denise Groves said...

Boy, aren't you funny?! The musical sounds of Tooele!