Wednesday, March 12, 2008

We love you Tom!

Angels and AirwavesOn Tuesday the 11th, Chad and I decided to venture out of our humble abode and head downtown for the...wait for it... Angels and Airwaves show! Heck yes! Chad and I met up with our friends, Samantha and LaMar, who we had planned on attending the show with at about 5:30ish. Doors were supposed to open at 6, so we figured this was just about perfect timing. Well 6 pm came and went and we're still in line waiting. Now, this would be fine and good except that for some reason on this very night it decided to feel like it was about 2 degrees outside! 6 turned into 7, and 7 quickly approached 8 and still waiting! I think we were told "10 more minutes" about five times.

Well long story short, after watching the owner at the nearby Chinese reataurant yell at a girl wanting to use the bathroom, after LaMar and I went to buy some soup just so that the mean owner would actually let us use the bathroom, after my toes went completely numb, and finally after we had actually considered selling our tickets we got in! At about 8:30! The show started right away with a band called Ace Enders. I didn't catch much of them since we were actively trying to find a perch on the balcony to watch the show from. Next came the Color Fred, who I was anxious to see. For those who don't know, Fred from Taking Back Sunday left the band to do his own thing and the Color Fred is it. I was quite impressed. Fred has always been one of my favs in TBS, so I knew it would be good. After they finished up, good ol' locally grown Meg and Dia were up. Pretty awesome couple of chicks, but for some reason Dia felt it would be okay to not wear shoes on the stage! Um, hello!? Does she even know how many boys have spit on that stage!? I just hope she did not have any open wounds on her feet!

And last, but certainly not least...Angels and Airwaves! They've been to Utah before, but this was the first time Chad and I had been to see them. Let's just say they completely delivered and made the wait well worth it. The lights, the sound, the dancing from Tom- all fantastic! I have to say, Tom has still got it and even though the music he plays with AvA is more on the serious side then Blink was, he still has not lost a bit of his humor and is still the same guy we grew to love back in the old days!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

not to mention...hot!