Tuesday, June 23, 2009

And off we go...

Well it's official! Chad and I began the long journey to become adoptive parents! It started many weeks ago when we attended an orientation through LDS Family Services. We had prayed and thought long and hard about the decision and decided it was the right path for us. We knew that there were going to be lots and lots of challenges involved in it, including the cost, but we know that we will be able to overcome them and get through them. We turned in all of our paperwork and were eager to get started. Weeks went by and we finally got a call from our caseworker! Today we had our first intake appointment, put down our homestudy payment and off we go! There's more paperwork, more interviews, and tons more steps involved, but we're ready for the challenge. Our caseworker was wonderful to make such an effort this week to fit us in or else we would have to wait a few more months to complete our adoption training courses, which we start this weekend.

Words can't express how grateful I am for the help and support that we have gotten from our friends and family. We will forever be indebted to you and thank you for your words of kindness and encouragement.

9 comments:

Ang said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys! Let me know if you need anything! I don't know if they still do scrapbook pages with everything online now but if you need to do any let me know if you want help!

Emily said...

Finally a post! We are so excited for you guys. We can't wait to be part of this journey with you two! You two will be awesome parents to a sweet child out there! XOXO

The Peros said...

Wow, what an incredible journey. I am happy for you!

Carina said...

It is definitely a big journey ahead of you--I wish you the best of luck! Please keep us posted. You two will be such wonderful parents!

Jayme said...

That is so exciting!! I can't wait to hear about all your progress!! I am so happy for you guys. It will definitely all be worth it. :)

Camilla said...

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you guys, and I know a lot of kids out there need good homes and loving parents. My sister actually adopted out her daughter about 5 years ago to a family. She just felt it was the right decision for her child, she didn't think she could provide everything she needed in her life. Good luck with the process. Here's some wishes that things may go speedily and without problems!

David Moss said...

What a blessing it is to be able to do this for a child. I just wish that every child could have two great parents like you. Just let me know how Mom and I can help.

Adrienne said...

I am so freaking excited! No joke.

Cara and Gerriss said...

We are so excited for you both. Our prayers are with you always through this incredible journey. You are already the best parents to that little baby that is waiting to meet you!